5. The Tin Woodman


When they woke up, they went looking for some water and something to eat. When they were near a stream, Dorothy heard something. She went to the place where the sound came from and found a Woodman made of tin standing still next to a half cut tree.

-          Hhhmmmmmm. Can you help?
-          Sure, what do you need?
-          Go my cottage. Find me an oil can and oil me. I’m rusty.

Dorothy ran back to the cottage, took the oil can and put some oil in all the joints of the Tin Woodman.

-          Thank girl. I been some years without moving. Caught me rains and rust my joints. Oh! I think you oild me to much the hand. They are slippery and it will be difficult to me handle the axe.
-          You’re very welcome. Sorry about your hands, but don’t worry. They’ll dry eventually. By the way, what’s your name?
-          Me name is Niko, but every people call me Pek.
-          Nice to meet you Pek.
-          So. What you do at the forest?
-          We are going to the Emerald City to see the Wizard. I want him to take me back home, and the Scarecrow wants some brains.
-          Oh. Can go with you? I want a heart. I’m to ruthless, I think. I want feel.
-          Sure thing, pal!
-          You know, I used to have big heart. But some evil sorcerer called Rambis make me prisoner of his, many time. For a year or so. Little by little I become rusty in his prison and my heart was being smaller every time, you see? Until it disappear.
-          Oh, poor thing. I’m sure The Wizard Adelman can give you a heart.

And like that, the three of them kept on going to Emerald City.